My Aunt's Touching Words

My Aunt Shirley is pushing mmm I'd say 65-66 years old. She won't actually admit to me just how much older she is to my dad - who is 62 this year. Bless her heart, she gets on AOL and sends e-mails, forwards jokes, and occasionally has been known to IM. Not bad for a lady her age with no formal education. I am honestly impressed with her eagerness to keep up with friends and family by way of ye ole internet. So I sent her the links to my blog here, honestly because she has been digging at why I no longer work at Grady. Last night when I read my e-mail I got this touching reply:

"What a wonderful touching e-mail about 9=11 (she addresses me by my family nickname that I will NOT share with you schmoes) you have a wonderful way of writing have you found a job? Im sure what ever you did at Grady it was good Im sure you got tired of all the people who used the hospital for a doctor office instead of going to the dr.But the job you are trained for is important I wish we had got someone who cared and knew their job as much as you do when we called for help for Wayne (my uncle) he might have had a chance and still be here Talk later aunt shirley"

I am thrilled that someone in my dad's family thought so highly of the job I chose, and has so much faith in me. Certainly more sentiment about it all than my dad ever chose to share. None the less, her comments touched me deeply.

Popular posts from this blog

I'll take BAD NEWS for $500, Alex....

Hello out there...

BORN AGAIN (Paramedic) - Re-Baptism By FIRE